View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 02:27 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
A couple suggestions:
1. File a police report - this will make the process of claiming ownership of the cards easier when/if they show up again.
2. Put out a scan of the cards on the forum.
3. IMPORTANT! Register the cert. number with your SGC registry (if you do not have one, MAKE ONE!). SGC will email you when someone else tries to register your card. It probably won't be the man/woman who stole your cards, but an unsuspecting buyer.
4. If the briefcase was stolen from the cleaning staff, talk to the hotel and they will fairly easily be able to tell you who was in your room.
5. The approximate value of the cards is $5,000. You should emphasize the value to any authorities you talk to. I once had cards stolen by a maintenance worker, the matter was taken much more seriously when I brought in the amount.
If you read what he said, he said he had no scans or serial numbers.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.