View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Lateral thinking is required on this one.

I suspect the briefcase was locked because of the valuables within. Therefore the thief was interested in the briefcase and had no knowledge of the contents. The briefcase was made of fine leather, either black or brown. A three digit code or a key would be required to open the case. If the thief had the wherewithal and time a total of 1000 three digit codes could be tried and the case could be opened safely. He would then gain access to the case. I suspect that he knew what might be in the case and was interested in the classified documents rather than cardboard. If the thief was in a hurry, a crowbar was probably used to crack the case and obtain the documents. I therefore conclude that the Turkey Reds are essentially a red herring in this drama and can be found in a dumpster behind the Motel 6 in Ocean City, Maryland.
I could be wrong, but if there is a board member in the vicinity of Ocean City, let me know what you find.
Motel 6 "leaves the light on" so the surveillance footage might prove useful. Of course, in order to keep rates down, they haven't upgraded the security system and they haven't been able to get the tape out of the VCR since 1998.