View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 05:37 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pariah1107 View Post
Mike Smith's clock management issues go further back than yesterdays inexplicable brain cramp...

2013: http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-su...ons-1000311373
2012: http://www.phins.com/phorum/read.php?3,114555,114942

I realize I could dig up questionable clock management topics by any coach, but Smith's are flagrantly poor decisions.
Ty- You are exactly right. I really like Mike Smith, he is a fantastic person. I just dont know that fantastic persons can be great NFL head coaches. Just look at Belichick and Sean Payton...What assholes!! Smith's first 5 years were almost done with smoke and mirrors. I think Matt Ryan, for the most part, is overrated. If you put some pressure on him, it's Steve Bartkowski all over again. Not even close to Brady, Manning, Rodgers...I view Smith along the lines of Rex Ryan, fantastic Co-Ordinator, but not a head coach. If I had a crystal ball, my take is he will be fired, and possibly get the head coach job at Jacksonville, where he started to begin with, and I would wish him tremendous success...Another thing that Smith struggles with (along with many other coaches) is putting the hammer down when the team is winning and dominating. Two years ago in the NFC Championship, the Falcons were absolutely destroying the 49ers 17-0. You could feel light switches going off on both sidelines. Falcons got incredibly conservative, and the 49ers switched gears. That was a game that Belichick would have never lost (especially at home). Arthur Blank genuinely wants to bring a title to Atlanta. With his finances and resources, and the Falcons moving in to the nicest stadium in existance, he should go after that coach that at least brings fans some genuine hope. I would not go the College route, I think Jon Gruden would be an outstanding candidate, just my take....

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 11-24-2014 at 05:53 PM.