View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I'm certainly not trying to discourage you and I believe collectors are free to collect however they want, but if it were me and I had $10K to drop on a 1983 Topps set, I think I would buy a mint raw set and put the other $9900 in a mutual fund.

In 30 years from now, I guarantee you the mutual fund will be worth several times what a PSA 10 1983 Topps set is worth. Again, I’m no one to tell other people how or what to collect, but I think in 30 years from now you would be more happy with $100K (or more) sitting in a mutual fund with a nice raw ’83 set than you would be with just a PSA 10 ’83 set.

Good luck!
Thanks but I dont see myself getting 792 cards including the 3 big guys for $100.

If you think that 9900 in a "mutual fund" will guarantee that I will have $100k in 30 years you don't know the stock market too well.

This is a personal project because I think it will be awesome to have and to pass down to my kids (when I have them). When I do have them I will put together the full topps series 1,2,update sets in psa 10 for them as well and it will be something cool to have. If $10,000 made a huge life difference to me then I totally would not be spending it on baseball cards. Sorry if that sounded snotty it's just the truth.