View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 04:27 AM
John Mavroudis

Default Hello Joshua

Thanks so much for your post.

I'm such a newbie at the collecting business that most of the big names (including yours) I'm not very aware of... I only collect for the joy of it... (I don't own any graded cards, for instance... and only have five cards from The Monster set...), but I've really enjoyed being a part of this forum for the last few years and reading so many interesting things about this Hobby we all love. I'm a graphic designer / illustrator... so this ties to of my greatest loves together... baseball and beautiful cards. I used to collect recent cards (1969-present), but now I only really love the prewar-1972 sets... especially the beautifully designed sets (especially Turkey Reds, Cracker Jack, T205, T206, T207, Goudey, Diamond Kings, Playball, Bowman (50-52!!!), & Topps '52-'56 sets). Glorious stuff.

Your post really touched me and I wanted to tell you to hang in there enjoy what life brings you (but it seems you're already doing that!). The story of you for instance, flashlight in hand at the flea market really struck a chord. The idea of taking a cross-country trip some time to visit antique shops or flea markets sounds like my idea of a good time. ...and I love reading about new discoveries. The idea of going back into the past and opening up a pack of 1941 Playballs or 33 Goudeys is a recurring fantasy.

Thank you again for taking the time to put into words what a lot of us feel about this wonderful hobby. Better health and happiness in the New Year!

Cheers!

www.zenpop.com