View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 02:02 PM
Val Kehl

Brent, thanks for the kind words. Actually I have had all of the Holland Creameries, except for the SP Peckinpaugh card, for many years One of my biggest hobby regrets was not buying what I think is the only known Peckinpaugh many years ago, because I thought the price was too high! Although most of my Hollands are in P-F condition, I was so glad I already had them when I fairly recently began a new collecting focus - cards of all the Wash. Senators who were on their 1924 championship team - as far as I know, the Holland cards are the only known cards of two players, Ralph Miller & Ernest (Mule) Shirley, and among the few known cards of a few other players.

I can readily tell you where and how I acquired everything in my collection that I acquired since the beginning of 2007. For everything prior to this (including my Hollands), I have a big box full of receipts, cancelled checks, notes, etc. that I have been intending for years to sort and organize. And, I have an Alzheimer's-like memory. Hence, I can't tell you where and how I got my Hollands, except to say I didn't acquire them all one at a time - I acquired at least one sizable group somewhere, probably in an auction.
Val
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1925HollandCreameries#1,2,3,&4.jpg (77.8 KB, 238 views)
File Type: jpg 1925HollandCreameries#9,10,11,&12.jpg (78.1 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg 1925HollandCreameries#13,14,15,&17.jpg (79.3 KB, 239 views)
File Type: jpg 1925HollandCreameries#18-Johnson-Front.jpg (78.2 KB, 239 views)