View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 03:49 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
So you are saying that the "man under the hood" intentionally gave the Packers a catch in spite of the visual evidence and then was relieved when he got a chance to show he couldn't blow it two times in a row when the Bryant review came up?
Haha. No. I'm saying he either intentionally blew the first call, or was blind or drunk. I can't think of any other explanation. I'm also wondering if the announcers haven't been told to quit criticizing the replay official; otherwise, they would have made a bigger deal about the first call (the Packer catch).

Yes, I do think there could be something fishy going on, and reversing the 'Bryant catch' could have helped accomplish whatever that fishy goal was.

Edited to add: it's a relief to be able to blame a huge Cowboy loss on something other than Jason Garrett's horrible play-calling and clock management, or Romo's panic-induced interceptions. Against the two of them, I thought Garrett's 4th-down call was the right one, but the wrong play, primarily because they would have scored too fast and Rodgers had driven the field the last two times, for touchdowns. I also thought he should have kept running the ball during the set where Romo was sacked twice. Garrett frequently abandons the run when it is working well, but Harbaugh did the same thing yesterday when Flaco threw the long interception - they were driving the ball well and on pace to run the clock out and win, then inexplicably threw a long pass to a short man who was double-covered. I guess these guys crack under pressure sometimes and just do stupid things. I would hate to have their job.

Last edited by Runscott; 01-11-2015 at 03:55 PM.