View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 07:26 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

I collect celebrity signed checks, and I've got a few cool ones to show you. On the ones from living individuals, personal information has been digitally removed from the image.

1979 check from Buzz Aldrin, the second man to walk on the moon, dated less than a month after the 10th anniversary of the moon landing:

Ivan Boesky check in the amount of $1.00 to Bergdorf Goodman:

Redd Foxx ("Sanford and Son") check for over $8,800 to the IRS:

Moe Howard ("The Three Stooges") check written two months before he died - this check was written March 7, 1975 and he passed away May 4, 1975:

Jay Leno check written February 24, 1977 - less than a week before his very first-ever appearance on NBC's "The Tonight Show" (Jay Leno’s first appearance as a guest on “The Tonight Show” was March 2, 1977):

Yeardley Smith ("Lisa Simpson") endorsed check dated almost three months before the first episode of "The Simpsons" (“Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire (The Simpsons Christmas Special)” (#7G08), 12/17/89) - note that the check was not cashed until 2/1/90, after the fourth episode was aired (“There's No Disgrace Like Home” (#7G04), 1/28/90):

Finally, a check from Adam West, TV's Batman, made out to the Santa Monica Municipal Court... for bail: