View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 12:34 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
You're correct, screwing up the first half play would not end the game as a loss. But if the first half play had gone awry then we wouldn't be having this discussion because the interception wouldn't have had an impact on the game - because of only being 4 points down, they would have been 11 points down. You're right, this isn't rocket science.

Edited to add: When I complained about the poor Green Bay play calling in the NFC championship game, you dismissed my comments and bragged about how well Seattle executed when they had to. Now you want to use poor play calling as an excuse instead of admitting that it was perfect execution by the Patriots.
I didn't brag - I don't play football for the Seahawks. But now you're doing the 'straw man' thing. I haven't said that the Patriots were lucky, have I? It's two totally different situations and I do believe that the Packers made bad calls as well. The failure to return the interception with 5 minutes to go is just one example. But you also disagree with me on that...

This game had nothing to do with luck, and everything to do with play-calling and execution. Belechick, in my opinion, was making a huge gaff by not calling time-out in the last 45 seconds of the game. But perhaps he did that to pressure Carroll into making quick decisions that might result in an error? If so, I commend him. In any case, I'm not a coach or a player - just a fan. I'll get over this a lot quicker than they will, as will all the Seahawks fans. So the gloating isn't accomplishing anything other than making us wonder what your deal is? <== get the reference?

And no, I am not using 'poor play calling' as an excuse. If you have read my other posts, you will find one that commends Brady on his two touchdown drives, and that also posits that the Pats might very well have stopped the Seahawks on a goal-line stand, even if they ran Lynch at them.

I could toss out hypotheticals about how the Patriots fans, you and Bill Gregory and others, would have reacted if the Seahawks would have won, but that would be caca.

It was truly a great and classic game.