View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 12:53 PM
B. Schneid.
Ben Sch.neider

Hey guys,

A much belated thanks on everyone’s suggestions. I will take all of these into consideration when I start to build the “set.” So many great options.

It seems 1953 Topps Satchel Paige is a must. I keep forgetting that this is his only appearance on a Topps card. Also dually noted I think I may be inclined to pick up a card from 1951 Topps. I always considered that a playing card as opposed to an actual baseball card, but in the scope of the collection it would be nice to include that to show the progression.

I’m not sure what I will do with this collection, but I’d like to probably display them all together in order from 1951 to 2015. To keep them consistent looking I’ll probably avoid some of the horizontal variations as I assume I will be displaying the cards vertically (noted that '55, ’56 & ’60 are all horizontal though).

Another thought I had would be to pick up certain cards that represent certain accomplishments within that year. Like Triple Crown batting or pitching accomplishments (Ex: ’56 Topps Mantle, ’66 Robinson, ’67 Yastrzemski, ’12 Cabrera).

Also appreciate all options for fun, but budget friendly cards in each set. Certain cards in certain sets I’d be willing to splurge on, but it’s the fun cheap cards that are also nice to have and show the evolution, design, and great photography that Topps had to offer over the years.

I’m not sure when I will start this set as I’m currently preoccupied with adding some T206 "wants" and starting a ’33 Goudey collection, but when I start this I’ll be sure to show the progress. Maybe I'll show them in spurts like decade or accomplishments as to not bog down the thread page.

Thanks,
Ben

Last edited by The Nasty Nati; 02-03-2015 at 02:50 PM.