View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 03:00 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Chris, PM sent detailing my reasoning. As said, I will give fair warning if I see he posts anything for sale here, and may very well identify him if he does not begin cooperating immediately and in earnest. As the politicians like to say however, "I want to give diplomacy a chance", and no matter what, I want to make sure I cover all my bases before doing so.

Brian
, it's a very large amount for me.. 4 figures. I'd prefer leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao_Moko View Post
This is an unfortunate example of our b/s/t. I hope that it doesn't put a stain on what is one of the best card transaction forums ever. If you don't use pp servives or goods then you are at some risk with a new seller. We all know that.

I have an Advantage account with BOA and they did not charge me to stop payment the last time I needed to but the six month rule still applied. If you report the check "stolen", different story.
I'm curious Eric, how do you go about reporting a check as stolen? I'm sure all this is too late in my case, nor did I have any reason to truly think the check was stolen back in 2013, but I'm curious to know how you prove that, and how it's handled differently? If stolen, will they truly cancel the check? I saw on line that B of A charges about the same as Wells for a 6 month hold, so they must have waived the fees, right?