View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 10:40 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
i sent the seller a message explaining how fraud could be facilitated by this sale.
He was kind enough to respond

I understand your concern. I no longer want the case for my personal collection. I started the auction off at .99 cents and let it end where it may. There are over 60 people watching it as of right now with 28 bids. I was as honest as I could be in the description and explained in great detail exactly what was being sold. In your professional opinion how would you recommend I sell this item. Thanks and God Bless!!

I responded to him as follows,

The listing has been posted on a message board I and many other collectors frequent. Collectively we have ongoing concerns about fraud in the hobby. Since both the holder and the Mantle photo have no intrinsic value, dollars spent for the holder imply that a buyer is looking to profit from spending hundreds to get it. Your watchers and interest in your auction probably spiked after the listing was posted on our and perhaps other messages boards. I can easily accept from your response that you are not engaged in fraud, but may be inadvertently facilitating it. The right thing to do in my opinion would be to discontinue the auction and destroy the holder.

We'll see what his response is.
He has responded to this with the same message that others have received. My next question for him was

"Were you also honest when you tried the same trick in November 2013? Or was that a different card? Your credibility is evaporating."

To which he responded "I was honest in November 2013, which proves I have had the case for awhile."

Thanks Peter.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 02-15-2015 at 11:16 AM.