View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 10:04 PM
Todd Schultz

Seems like it could be trimmed along the top, although it may measure correctly. Top edge looks uneven and with cut remnants on back, and although the latter are not always determinative, I don't recall seeing that with Hires. There also seems to be a slight paper pull/tear on the back near the last line of text.

I started to collect these a long time ago and gave up because I wasn't thrilled with the player selection (several AL teams not represented), but I thought the design was among the coolest. I remember that it was one of the toughest sets for me to get a handle on trimming, because the cards were far from uniform in size. It was just as bad or worse when you collected the cards with tabs attached--those puppies always seemed to be cut just slightly different from one to the next.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 02-25-2015 at 07:46 AM.