View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 11:29 PM
Ken McMillan

I took autographs to a whole different level at Cubs Spring training. I had been to Cubs Fantasy camp that year and with camp you get a full dress Cubs uniform to keep. I decided to wear mine to a spring training game. I was talking with a friend in the stands and two really obnoxious kids started hounding me for my autograph. They were so rude with no hint of politeness that I happily took their balls with many Cub autographs on them that I complied with their request and signed my name right next to Kerry Wood's autograph on the balls.

If they had been polite instead of interrupting the conversation, I would have gladly told them that I was a fan, not a player. Can only imagine these kids looking up Ken McMillan in a baseball encyclopedia and saying who is this player. Can imagine my name encased in a plastic case for all eternity.

Same day also had a group of about 50 women celebrating a birthday and they wanted a picture of me in the middle of the group for their friends that could'nt attend the event. They knew that I was not a player but wanted something to show off to their friends at home. All in good fun.

Last edited by kmac32; 03-07-2015 at 11:33 PM.