View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 10:18 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I saw the Lennox Lewis v. Vitali Klitschko heavyweight championship here in L.A. Funny story on that one. I went to the public workout the week before up at Universal Studios since it is practically spitting distance from my office. I figured it would be interesting and maybe I could score an autograph or two. I watched Shane Moseley work first and then got snubbed by him in the autograph lineup. I guess he just did not want to sign for me, even though he signed for everyone else. I then saw Lewis work out with his trainer Emanuel Steward. Now, when I decided to pop up there I grabbed some 1991 Kayo cards of Lewis and Steward just in case. There were several hundred fans around the ring for Lewis and he didn't really stop and sign as he was leaving to go to the stage, but I noticed that he would sign for anyone who could actually reach him over the barricade and crowd. 6'3"+ with a big wingspan finally came in handy; I got Lewis to sign a Kayo card:

So the heavyweight champ signed for me but not pissant Shame Moseley? Well, f*** him.

But I digress...

The crowd shifted to the stage for the press conference. I was gonna go with them until I noticed Steward in the ring alone, picking up equipment, etc. I went over there and asked whether he'd sign my card. He said OK and the guard took it up for me. Steward not only signed, he fixed the spelling error in his name on the card front and corrected his birthdate on the card back:

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 03-11-2015 at 10:20 AM.