View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 07:58 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

For my new lot, I approximated their value at $2.50 each. However, before sending cards in, definitely check their site to see if they're already on site, and how much they're listed/sold for. If the card is under $1, it's probably not worth mailing in. The reason a $1 list price card isn't worth sending in is that it costs 25cents to scan/list, then they add 25cents to the price of the card that you see in the selling price. So they grab at least 50 cents per card plus 20% of the money you get into your account if you pay yourself instead of buying additional cards in their cashout fee. So your $1 card may cost 60-70 cents to sell, netting you 30 cents. Of course, with a lot of cards, it's better to sell them and get 30 cents than have them live in a box you never look at... ;-)

If it's over $50/card, you have to use the $1 service, but they get loaded within a week, so it's not too bad.

How do you see what other cards sold for on site? Go to the Challenges tab and start playing some of the "card identification" games. Most of them take about 3-5 minutes to gain 100 points, which will then allow you to price 100 items for free. After getting 1,000 points (10 complete/accurate games), you get $1 loaded to your account. *If you average 3mins per game, you make $2 in store credit per hour* But it's actually paying you, compared to Candy Crush Saga or Farmville. ;-)

After 20,000 points, you can click a button on site and see all the sales prices for all cards.

I have earned $165 in the challenges so far (they pop up randomly, so you've got to check the site page regularly), but they have paid for all my submissions so far.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.