View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 03:09 PM

So after a long night of fun, picking up 220,000 cards ...

and secretly going to my parents house around midnight to setup some christmas reindeer...

then posting on facebook so they and their friends can see it ....

we went to bed, and got up (not so) bright & early to hit the garage sales. We didn't get much at all, but here are a few things:

115+ DVD's (the pic doesn't show all of them) for $20

Driver Ed in a Box $5

And finally, a binder of baseball cards. The binder was one of several plus some boxes that the seller had marked for $5 each. I quickly thumbed through all of them, all while the seller was insisting that they are really good cards, etc. Mostly commons. On the front page of one, I spotted a Jeter dugout which I figured I could at the least make my money back on it here locally by itself, so I said what the heck ...

When I got home, I saw it had Bo Jacks & Nolan Ryan gold signature cards (Nolan showed below)

Not a huge pickup by any means, but hey, after dealing with NON cards all morning, i had to get a fix!

That means my total investment for the day was $30. I sold the 2 memory cards also for $28, so my $1 or so investment from a week or two ago nearly funded all of what I got today