View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 06:46 AM
Al Richter

Default Dinoaurs

Hey Brian--I still subscribe to SCD...and I am older than you . They have some very good articles from time to time. I especially like those by George Vrechek, another variation guy . Olbermann has had a great series in SCD on Topps proofs and an article on the 3 D set. And Carlton Miller's recent article on the 68 3D set was great.

I save those articles related to sets I have and put them in their associated binders. But I am glad most are also available on line these days for easy access and sending them to others.

The blogs by Dave Hornish and Bob Lemke , who both post here, are great hobby resources, and widely used. The Fleer Sticker Blog project is also great resource if you are a Fleer collector

Heck, I still get three newspapers every day, even though I know most folks now get their news on line.

Darren's article/guide would be a great hobby resource and hopefully SCD and or other publications will help get it out there and on line as well. I put together my 62 set, including the green tints, years ago, but remember it as a slow slog. Darren's guide would be a big advantage to both collector's and grading companies. I have used his several posts of portions of it here to double check my own set