View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 01:25 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

That was just my opinion/personal interpretation after reading what eBay's 'very good' specifically says. I also gave this interpretation because there are lower ebay grades for authentic items from which to choose. According to eBay, very good means the item (if music CD) is used and may have expected wear, but is whole and all the parts and pieces are there and there is no major damage/wear. Ebay's lower grades are for when parts (including CD case or booklet) are missing and there is major damage or defect. For many to most card collectors, undisclosed trimming is the worst possible defect for a card, and may even qualify as "parts missing." I understand others disagree with my reading and that's fine. I'm just offering my opinion, not trying to be arbiter. Maybe even eBay will disagree with my opinion.

But, as I also said or implied, if one is buying raw cards to get number graded for flipping, it's prudent to buy from sellers who guarantee, or at least mention, the card is authentic and unaltered. If this seller said, in description or personal message, the card was unaltered, then there would be no question here about whether or not he should accept a return. In this case, the seller says nothing about condition in the description and apparently the winner didn't ask, which results in this thread having different opinions on the matter.

Last edited by drcy; 05-13-2015 at 03:00 PM.