View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 01:10 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Hi Chris

The bigger picture is....if you do an analysis of the POP report data (SGC + PSA) you'll find that the numbers for Ames and Dougherty are essentially
equal to each other as a function of CYCLE 460, EPDG, LENOX, OM, PB, SOVEREIGN, TOLSTOI backs.

And then, if you compare these numbers with the POP report data (SGC + PSA) of the other 28 subjects (minus the 6 super-prints) in this lot of your
34 scraps, you'll see that there isn't much difference.

The point I'm making here is that I don't see in these numbers any hint of "subject swapping" between Ames and Dougherty. In my book, there were
35 subjects (including Dougherty). This fact is indeed confirmed by the 350/460 series of 35 subjects which were printed with SWEET CAPORAL 460-
Factory 42 backs.

Furthermore, I'd be somewhat more receptive to your "subject swapping" idea, if these 2 guys had been traded or retired during the printing timeline
of these cards. But, Red Ames pitched for the NY Giants from 1903-1913. Patsy Dougherty played with the Chicago White Sox from 1906 till the end
of 1911.

Hey ole buddy......my theory is these 35 subjects with SWEET CAPORAL 460 Factory 42 backs were printed simultaneously with the red HINDU backs.
Therefore, I will bet you that a red HINDU Ames will eventually be discovered.

Would like you like to get into this game ?

TED Z