View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakhappy View Post
+1...My thinking is the same as yours. After Love and Irving went down, I was very surprised to see them win more than one game. Their starters were mostly bench players and with the injuries, were thrust into a starting role. The odd makers are already making them favorites for next year and I have to agree. With Irving and Love back, the Warriors will have to earn their ring next year. But kudos to them, they deserved it in 2015...they had the best overall team. And how great was it that Iguadola won the MVP? Love it when someone else other than the best overall player wins it.
2 out of 5 starters is not most. I never expected the Cavs to win if healthy. Last season with 3 future hofers on his team, Lebron's team only won one game. This year, Lebron shot under 40% in the finals. He was under 30% in the 4th quarter. In game 4, 4th quarter, with a chance to
bury the Warriors, Lebron scored ZERO points. He set a record this year for worst 3pt shooting percentage playoffs, min. 100 att. He takes too many bad shots.

I just got through watching the Pistons 30 for 30. Jordan talks about how after losing to the Pistons, he knew he had to work harder. By the 3rd time, he had made himself into a champion. His last 6 full seasons with the Bulls, he won 6 championships.

Lebron just doesn't have it. After losing to the Spurs and Mavs. After his other playoff failures, you would hope that once he got over the hump, he would take that next step. He wants the championships without the work. 2 years ago, it took a miracle 3 by Allen to bail him out. Last year, they were blown away by the Spurs. This year, he didn't have the conditioning to go in the 4th quarter. It's not like Jordan, Magic, etc. never played heavy minutes, because all superstars do when the title is on the line.

Poor Cavs because they had to start 2 bench players. Golden State started a bench player the last 3 games and he won the MVP. These guys are the best in the world. There isn't that big of a drop off.

Of course the Cavs are the favorites. They practically have a bye to the finals. The Warriors have to get by the Spurs, Thunder, Rockets, Clippers, etc. They could have a better team and not even make the finals. At this point, I expect Lebron to lose in the finals every year. Maybe the stars will align and he'll get one more ring.