View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 10:18 PM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesoxfan3579 View Post
Thank you for your response. I came across a listing (now sold) on ebay referring to a lot of reprints of the 1954 bowman mays (item #: 121681937327). The word "reprint" is not on the card nor is there a recent copyright date or anything else for that matter that indicates the card in this listing is a reprint. My card appears genuine. It feels right and it measures right, however the reprint I came across in this listing looks pretty darn close to the original. Do you know anything about this reprint? What are your thoughts?
I wasn't able to find anything related to that item#, but I did find a current listing for 1954 Bowman Mantle reprints that are very close repros of the original. http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-of-25-Reprint-1954-Bowman-MICKEY-MANTLE-65-REPRINT/121681937329?_
The item#'s are virtually the same, so it's likely the same seller. Just a guess, but it must be someone with printing skill who is cranking out realistic-looking copies of starcards and selling them in lots. That's unfortunate because a lot of unwitting buyers will probably get duped down the road. If you have scans of the Mays reprint (front and back), please post it here.