View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 09:15 AM
Chris Counts

The way I see it, Helmar cards are essentially limited edition pieces of art ... without the limited edition part. I'll bet many collectors here have something that was created in a limited edition series on their wall. But "Around 20" is too vague for me, and I suspect, others as well. I can't imagine an artist signing a print, "Around 20." If I could produce something as beautiful as the Helmar cards, I would print them in numbers large enough so the average collector could afford them, and also issue larger limited edition prints, which would sell for considerably more.

Chris... around 20, often less. But it is interesting that you are holding only Helmar to this rule. No one has any idea how many cards were printed of most, if not all, of the cards that you presumably collect. In any case, they were printed almost uniformly in quantities exponentially greater than what we do.

Robert... I'd argue against low demand and adequate supply. But take a look at your econ book again, your conclusion is, in any case, off.

Thanks guys. Charles Mandel