View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregMitch34 View Post
I used to think when PSA added various forms of thin plastic-like material around cards it was mainly before they figured out how to fit all different sizes, or were overly cautious about cards slipping around. Or some other reason, such as they hadn't yet created a holder for that card. It has always annoyed me with CJs when I'd see it but now I'm wondering (very late) if it's simply because some of these cards are 1/16 of an inch wider than the norm and PSA did not build in any flex room. So when you see cards like the one below (which is NOT my card) can we assume that if you asked PSA to re-holder it they would say, sorry, it's a tiny bit too big for our holder for that..Or perhaps you have had experience along these lines with other types of cards....

This card you refer to, is it the 1915 CJ Shawkey PSA 8 I sold you at a hugely reduced price (because you are a member of the forum)...? The same card you had listed on eBay for a 50% markup 5 minutes after the USPS delivery guy dropped it off...? The same card you said you weren't happy with (well, you love the card, but now claim to not love the plastic)? The same card I offered you a full refund for (but you apparently declined)? The same card which you are apparently so unhappy with (after my offer to return your money), that you have since reduced the price on eBay twice...? The same card that you apparently waste the members' time here looking for advice after you've concocted this (convenient) cock and bull thread? Really doesn't matter what advice you get if you never intended to keep the card for more than 5 minutes....

If you're not happy with the card (or the plastic holder), return it. I will happily return your money.

H3rb K@ne.

Successful transactions with: PSACJ, Double-P-Enterprises, RGold, CW, Iron Horse, tiger8mush, dtp717, Hcom24, floyd6294, omegalm1, Baseball Rarities -- among others.

Focusing on 1915 Cracker Jacks - high grade or very sharp cards. Please let me know what you have.