View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 02:50 PM
I@n Cl@rke

I guess it's an appropriate time to bump this thread, due in part to some recent BST postings that I'd noticed (and had pointed out to me by a few board members), as well as the fact I'm now closer to full resolution.

About 4-5 weeks ago, the full amount of money I'd lost simply re-appeared in my account. It reappeared as quickly and inexplicably as it had disappeared, and I didn't notice until a few days later. I then received a brief form letter from Wells Fargo simply stating money had been deposited, making reference to a case number, but offering no specific case details. I have a call into them, have not heard back, and have been otherwise pretty swamped work/life wise so haven't pursued it further. I presume they found enough to determine there was fraud/foul play involved and were able to get the depositing bank to pay them. That part is good, but the lingering questions still bug me.

I still have yet to hear a peep from the BST seller (Timelord) since well prior to this thread's origin. I guess now, as he is selling again, is another opportunity for him to speak up here, or reach out to me directly. Regardless, once things slow down a bit for me (prob in Fall), and I get caught up elsewhere, I'll continue pursuing the bank's "investigators" for more information. If/when I get any info that seems relevant to board dealings, I'll post it here.

Thanks again to all the guys who offered advice and feedback when I was working through this. This board is awesome. If anyone wants to connect this go around, feel free to email directly-- itjclarke@yahoo.com since my PM box is pretty full.