View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 05:46 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I have had issue with Helmar in past years for what I felt were unclear listings and a possibility for abuse in the secondary market by unscrupulous flea market types trying to pass them off as vintage.

I thank Charles for refining the listings to reflect the clear art card aspect and also including dates clearly on the backs of some of his cards. I still would very much like to see 100% of the card creations to be dated, but I will applaud progress.

As for collectibility, I think they are basically on the level of Fritsch, TCMA or Ted Williams card co. They are beautiful and high quality, and are wonderful for a collector who cannot afford examples of certain players or players who had few cards created.

To me without them being original actual hand painted and signed art pieces which I would truly consider collectable investments, and more a short print run of a private fantasy card, they will unlikely ever be worth more than they were to the buyer originally. I think value would be far more likely to decline than the opposite.