Thread: Revolving Door:
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 08:48 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econteachert205 View Post
2002 padres, 2014 rangers, 37 each.
Well, after I started this thread, I realized that there was a way I could research it on BBR, and though I have only completed the Braves and then the A.L. teams, I found :

The 30 are already the most ever by a Braves team.

The 2014 Rangers are listed as having used 40 different pitchers (not sure why that differs from your total)

Additionally, 6 A.L. teams either matched their all-time high (DET,CHW) or broke their record (NYY,LAA,HOU, & TEX) last season.

Besides the Braves, the Rays have also set a new all-time high this year.
That these records are being broken so often recently is no surprise considering the specialization of bullpens these days.
I used to try to pick up at least one card of each Braves player each year, but those days are over. FYI- the Braves only used 20 pitchers for the entire 2014 season.
Makes you wonder how many arms are being ruined and how many are being brought up to the major too early...a lot, I think.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente