View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 04:31 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhenItWasAHobby View Post
If you look at the box scores for the '71 Pirates, they only played in SD on two different away stands. I'm guessing your game was on a weekend if it was bat day. See this link:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/te...e-scores.shtml

Thank you Dan! I have looked and looked for something like that, but could never find it. I even contacted the Padres, and they said they didn't have any records for when Bat Day/Night was in 1971.

It was probably the Friday, Jul 23rd game. It wouldn't have been the first series in May, as that was mid-week during the school year. It also wouldn't have been the Saturday game on Jul 24th, as the attendance was only 3,114. I also don't remember it being a doubleheader, so that rules out Sunday Jul 25th. Also, the games Saturday and Sunday were both day games, and I do remember the game being at night.

Unfortunately that leaves only Friday, Jul 23, 1971, and Clemente did not play in the game But hey, Pops hit his 32nd home run of the season in the game

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox