View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 08:07 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
True enough, but also under the system you prefer you're still going to have to make allocation choices to get initial bids in, and you will be limited to those items to which to move your money when you start getting outbid on others. You might wish you had more choices when the outbidding starts. Clearly, the AH that decides to keep everything open to all bidders thinks that there's more money in that, and the AH that doesn't feels that their system is the most profitable. No matter what the system, there is always another auction just down the road. And there doesn't exist the item for which you are willing to pay anything to get it, so take your losses with your wins, and move on.
Only wrong thing with what you said is that I never said I prefer a certain method. Honestly there are pros and cons to every method and depending on the day you may get a different answer from me.

My only point was that as often as I see people say you should just leave a max bid and leave it assumes that those that don't are only worried about shilling, but that would be in flaw in thinking. I stay up as late as I can not because I am scared about shilling, I find I stay up to see if I am outbid on one lot to reallocate my money else where.

Last edited by bn2cardz; 08-19-2015 at 08:08 AM.