View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 02:41 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenavarro View Post
Thanks, I know the feeling, my son hates football and in reality, sports in general. I realized years ago that if I wanted to spend quality time with him, that I needed to adapt to the things he likes to do. Therefore, back in 2008, I began my local community theatre acting career and he and I have been in several performances together. Until I started law school in August 2013, we'd do two a year and I got to hang out with him for 4 nights a week for a couple months at a time doing what he loves to do. It really did wonders for making us close. He's been All State Choir here in Texas the last two years, and we are anticipating him getting a full ride to TCU for choir next year. I'm a proud dad. He and I will be in college at the same time as I'll be in my last semester of law school while he is in his first semester at TCU. Our schools are only a few miles apart as I go to Texas A&M School of Law and it's in Ft. Worth, not College Station like main campus.

My daughter on the other hand, is a polar opposite, she loves to go to the games with me of all kinds, Rangers, Mavericks, Notre Dame, etc. and she says she is going to follow in my footsteps and go to school at Notre Dame too.

You know it doesn't take a license to have kids, and they don't come with instructions, and mine have totally changed my priorities over the years and my "likes" and "dislikes". Good times.
Law school...community theater...kids....sports.....putting together a collection of some of the greatest autographs I've ever seen....how do you do it????
No, seriously!