View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 01:46 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocarroll View Post
This example is more to get a general opinion of going form an auction buy to ebay on a higher value card and whether or not people have had good experiences making money doing that. It wasn't my card but I was highly interested in it a few months back so was tracking it. So I feel for the seller because I've had that happen to me before. It was the Vic Willis with the UZIT back that was for sale in REA's last action that sold for $3,600 (with juice) just sold on Ebay for $3,250 a week ago. Seller must have really needed to get out of it to sell it so quick. Its hard to come out on top when you buy a card like that at an auction, have to pay the 20% fee, flip it soon after on ebay and then eat the 10% fee plus the 3% pay pal fee (and the PWCC consignment). After fees you walk away with $2,827 on a card just bought for $3,600. Almost an $800 loss plus it was consigned to PWCC so that takes out some more. You figure that card was over $1,000 in the red after that. Beautiful card though and who ever bought it has a gem
The PWCC consignment fee of 10% (for graded cards that sell between $3-4K) includes the paypal fees. So the loss was ONLY $3600 - (3250 * 0.9) = $675. Still not pretty, of course.