Thread: October Pickups
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 12:34 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Eddie, I'm so very happy for you! What a fantastic, meaningful pickup. That's such a swell photo of Puddinhead anyway, and now to own a Lummis; boy, am I impressed. I can sure see why it's already one of your favorites. With the card's strong eye appeal, you have yourself an equally strong conversation piece.

Thanks for sharing your joy with us. ---Brian Powell
Thanks so much, Brian I am a very small-time collector compared to some of the five and six-figure cards that are shown on here sometimes. I have a list of about a dozen rare cards on my bucket list that I could realistically own one day -- no pipe dreams like a Baltimore News Ruth or a Wagner T206. But I still didn't really expect to ever come across one of my bucket list cards at a decent price. I have missed a couple of my bucket list cards that have appeared on eBay in recent years.

I am really interested to see where the Richie Ashburn Lummis Peanut Butter card currently in the REA auction closes. Sometimes, it is years between a Lummis Beanut Butter card appearing at auction or for sale anywhere, so I am kinda shocked to see an Ashburn Lummis card in the REA auction.

When I exchanged e-mails with the seller of the Puddinhead Lummis card, he wrote to me that he has been collecting for 40 years and he still needs three Lummis Peanut Butter cards to complete the set.

Last edited by Bored5000; 10-02-2015 at 12:40 PM.