View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 06:29 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28jd View Post
Unfortunately, you'll have to get used to the classless players with no respect for the game because the bat flip is being glorified and kids are practicing them now. It's sad that so many players have no respect for their fellow baseball players and no sense of history, but that's the SportsCenter generation for you.

I have no idea why players can't just put the bat down and run the bases. I've seen players do it in the past, so it can be done, scientists just have to figure out what has changed.

If they don't, they are going to keep trying to top the last "epic bat flip" which will probably end up in wars between the players with class and respect vs the jerks, except in this day and age, the good guys look like jerks because they defend the game.
Different culture, Sportscenter is part of it to be sure, but I don't think it indicates lack of respect for fellow players or the game. And it's not all that new either, look at Fisk's antics on his game-winner in 1975 for example, or Gibson's fist-pumping trip around the bases in 1988.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-14-2015 at 06:36 PM.