View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 08:54 PM

Just to clarify my post that Bill re-posted ... I break with some folks who identify the sheet layout by using the back of the sheet for numbering the layout.

I look at the card picture on front ... and then put the number of the card in that location. That makes more sense to me, and I believe that this was the way the original Topps printer(s) thought about the number on the sheets as well.

As for the Reiser scarcity, again I totally agree that it's an artificial one. The next person to sell a Reiser grey back will make a mint. The next guy after that ... a bit less. The third guy ... definitely less. They are definitely out there waiting to be found (unless you believe his card was thrown away more often than other cards in the set - and all the evidence points to Star cards being more plentiful than semi-star, and semi-stars more plentiful than commons - at least if you go by population reports and the numbers of cards for sale on Ebay). And it makes sense that stars would be kept more often when kids damaged-threw out their collections. By this logic, Reiser was one of the more popular players in the series.

And for the record ... when I get my Reiser ... I will release my research ... and I will be able to further substantiate the link between the "Canadians" and the regular Topps cards. There is more proof beyond just the House/yellow tongue with a grey back to link the sets.

And I will also offer, I agree with the post above about there being 3 grey back House's with yellow Tigers (and there are 3,not 2) and none with the partial red ... and with the reason given for that occurring. It would surprise me if a partial yellow ever surfaced. Not shock me. But I think it is unlikely.

Then again, there are two 1952 Topps cards that I "know" exist ... and I've searched for 10+ years to find them ... and have not been able to find. So, it is possible that there are 3 partial yellow Houses out there too.

Cheers,
Patrick