View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 09:40 AM
Shawn England

Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Just picked up a real photo postcard of the 1909 Oklahoma Indians baseball team and there is a "Veach" listed as one of the players on the reverse. Betting it is Walter Veach.
Wow! Dan, that is crazy! What are the odds??? Thank you for posting.

I am starting to question whether or not Walter is in the original photo? I do know for sure that his brother Stanley Veach attended Jones Academy and that Walter went to visit him there. Still a lot of research to do as the collection is quite large. Walter also had another brother Columbus E Veach that I have done very little research on at this time.

I am hoping this image I found online shows up nice here on net54. It is one of a couple that I am able to definitively say its Walter Veach... But the names should be from left to right - Walter is sitting far left & Choctaw Chief & Governor Victor Locke is seated far right as you look at the screen.

Here is the caption:

Governor Locke and state militia officers, 1910? - 1918? Date of Photograph 1910? - 1918?

Notes Verso caption: Gov. Locke & Group of State Militia Officers

[Standing - right to left]: William J. McClure, 1st Lieut., Ok.N.G. Durant, Oklahoma; McCalib of Durant, Oklahoma; Harry Gilstrap, Captain, 1st Infty, Ok.N.G. Reg. Adjutant, Chandler, Okla

[Sitting - right to left]: Walter Veach, Captain, 1st Infty, Ok.N.G. Comdg, Co. H. Durant, Okla; Lewis L. Paulin, 2nd Lieut, 1st Infty, Ok.N.G. Durant, Oklahoma; Edson R. Waite, Captain, 1st Infty, Ok.N.G. Comdg, Co. E. Shawnee, Oklahoma; Victor M. Locke, Captain 1st Infty, Ok.N.G. Comdg, Co. L. Antlers, Oklahoma [and Governor of Choctaw Nation]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Governor_Locke_and_state_militia_officers_1910.jpg (76.0 KB, 33 views)