View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 09:51 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I have found the colors on the T206 cards do not fade easily and that includes the red. The faded T206 cards that are seen sat out on display for many years to get that way.

Chemical altering is different but if you just sit one out in the sun or in a specially designed box with a very powerful light source it takes longer to see just a little change in a T206 than it takes to completely remove colors from 1950-Present cards. That is what I hear from a friend.

If true it is a very good thing that SGC is going to stop grading missing color cards as very few actually left the factory missing colors compared to the never ending supply of missing color cards available.
The couple I bought supposedly had around 40 years of exposure. Framed and hung in a barbershop. I figured they'd be good cards to look at for clues like whether the formerly red ink was visible as a glossy area. It was on one and wasn't on the other.

Others from the same seller did get slabbed, and I believe that group may have been what made SGC decide not to slab them anymore.

Steve B