View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 10:30 AM
Jay T.

The Bakep and Herrer are known as errors because someone didn't understand the printing process when they designated them as such and now it is Dogma.
An error is when there is an intentional change to a card. The 1966 Alex Johnson traded, not traded line is an error. The 1958 Yellow Letters are intentionally changed, not because of poor presswork. A printing blob or a piece of tape left on a negative is not an error, its lousy presswork.

Sloppy presswork happens in every print shop. I've 22 years working in the print industry. Pressmen try to throw bad copies away. It's called waste copies and one usually pays for it when you get bids for a job. That is why it costs a lot more for your first 1000 copies of anything than it does for your second 1000. Because you are paying for the waste in both cases before they pull any good copies.
If you ask me, I would bet a badly registered Herrera card may be as uncommon as the Herrer error. That wouldn't garner a higher price, nor would it be deemed an error card, but they both would be because of shoddy press work.

Last edited by JTysver; 11-16-2015 at 10:31 AM.