View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 11:12 AM
Shaun Fyffe

It's been an amazing month for me - I was so happy to pick up the 1954 Topps Gray Back Robinson, and just got these back from PSA on Friday. These two cards are arguably the two toughest / most difficult to obtain in the entire set, with only the Throwing variation rivaling them.

Now that I have two of each, I'm not sure which of the two I'm gonna sell - my previous 2 which stem from a long-time Dodgers collector, or these two. Will have a listing in the BST section later this week.

Both cards are from the same person - who happened to be the original owner of the cards - having obtained them when she was a young girl in the 40s. I can't believe the condition that they are in - the grades do not represent their eye-appeal.

Below is my favorite card in the set - an iconic image of Jackie, and the black and white makes it the most appealing of all his "RCs". He was actually wearing a Montreal hat at the time of the photograph, which was edited for this set to show him in a Dodgers hat.

PSA 5 - Highest Graded 1 of 3 in this grade

The photo for the card below was actually shot in a stadium, though the background was taken out for this card - perhaps to avoid having other company's advertisements on the card? Of the 7 total cards graded / known, I've owned 3 of them

PSA 4 - 3 graded higher.

Currently seeking Jackie Robinson cards