View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 04:11 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
there are works of art that are essentially re-prints of the initial print that people pay big money on....plus there are second edition books worth money even though they are not first edition..

as for collecting reprint cards......I think there are several collectors out there are collecting reprint 1952 mantles, though they think they are original..but that still makes them a reprint collector..
I would agree that there are a lot of collectors out there with high end counterfeits of many different players in their collection that have no idea the cards are fake. They are after all just a mass produced picture on a piece of paper that with the right equipment are very easy to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
there is a big difference between intentionally collecting/purchasing reprints and being duped into buying what you thinks is authentic that turns out to be fake.

like tens of thousands of dollars of difference.

do your homework peoples!
Yes Pete a huge difference and the reason I like my reprints to look as close to real as possible but also have the word REPRINT easily noticeable on the card.