View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 08:58 AM
John E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseDog View Post
Don't know if this will help but Rick Langford wore #22 for the Oakland A's during that period. Those jerseys were also used for Spring Training and it's more than likely that Langdon wore that same #22 you have at some point in time.

Langford also pitched two games for Modesto, one in 1983 and one in 1985, probably conditioning starts after an injury layoff since Modesto is only a couple of hours from Oakland, so it wouldn't be a stretch that he wore #22 for those starts if the Modesto roster did not have a player wearing that number.
Thanks...I'm a little hesitant to say these were used in the Spring for the A's at that point...note the break in the cross of the A...that was exclusively a minor league thing for the A's at that point. I took a look at some spring training footage from '84 (see attached photo...which was clear in the video but now is blurry...but trust me) and the A connects. It's only in those old stills from the minors where this comes up - specifically the Modesto and Albany-Colonie teams. Given that I'm an hour and a half from Modesto, I figure its theirs.

Really what I need to do is find an old program or two from that era and see what's listed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2015-12-30-07h55m45s317.jpg (17.7 KB, 107 views)

Last edited by JMEnglish27; 12-30-2015 at 08:59 AM.