View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 12:20 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
Sorry if you felt that way, I honestly did not understand the question.

I still think there is two tracks of answers going here. To answer in either way -

A. You said "screw top" which I thought to be the single screw holders which have a gap inside to safely store the card much like a slab. As long as it is the right size holder and the card is not flying around in there dinging corners I would buy it all day. As I said previously, it prefer these as I feel they protect the card best. The ultra-pro's even have a nice space that protects corners like a SGC gasket. I have trashed so many corners with my shaky hands using top loaders, I really like the ease of the cases.

B. If you are talking about those old 4 screw lucite bricks, than no, I would avoid buying any cards in them. I have bought cards in that crap and had them so stuck to the lucite it peeled the face right off. Absolute junk.

My fault, I haven't even seen those bricks for sale in some time. If I see a card for sale in them still, I assume are only in them because the prior owner could not take them out without ruining the card.
I thought he was talking of the old 4 screw holders. I don't care for those as they can damage surfaces.