View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Mike

I have a 52 Mantle in a SGC 4 holder. Luckily I live in Southern California and can do a walk in service with PSA. Unfortunately they just raised their Premium service to $700 (from $500). I should have done it in August when I intended to. Also, don't feel bad about a 4. Mine doesn't have any creases or marks, and superb color and centering - but I guess the touched corners are the reason.
So, hopefully my 4 will give you assurance that there is nothing wrong with a 3-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billwinkle View Post
I compared this mantle to the others listed on e-bay in the 3-5 range, the 3-4 cards all have significant colour loss or a crease across the picture. I don't dispute what you say however I don't understand why you say it. Please give reasons for the 3-4 grade. I can see the small crease across the top corner border, and I can see the corners are soft. But there isn't even a crease on the other three cards yet you grade them the same? I am not arguing with any of your positions I just don't understand this whole grading thing. He also has the other version of the Mantle with the full black border around the logo. Is there any premium to that?

Last edited by Canofcorn; 01-05-2016 at 01:38 PM.