View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 07:52 PM
Scott S

I had a similar experience with FedEx a month or so ago. A FedEx delivery was left at my door on a Saturday morning which wasn't for me, but meant for an address 2-3 miles across town. (I was home, but they just left it without ringing the bell.) It was a giant heavy (40+ lb.) package.

Coincidentally, a FedEx delivery which was mine came an hour or so later. I asked the driver if he could take the incorrect package, and I got the same Air / Ground story, and he wouldn't touch it. He told me to call FedEx to have someone pick it up.

Annoyingly, I called FedEx and complained and said I wanted someone to pick it up. I was told it is their policy that Air / Ground drivers can't touch packages from the other. What a horrible policy - shouldn't it have the appearance of one company to their customers, not separate entities?

Anyways, I was told no one could come pick up the package before Monday afternoon. I wanted nothing to do with a 40 pound giant box in my house over the weekend (it's cluttered enough with two small kids), so I threw it in my car and drove it to the address myself, and told the person at the house to be thankful I was honest, and to complain that FedEx has horrible stupid policies.

OK, done ranting.