View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 01:27 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Simple really....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Wow, Bob, you're one of the very few that actually gets it. It's funny how many people commenting have no clue how the economy really works.

Someone else in this thread eluded that cheap gas prices are great. They think it doesn't effect them

Ummm, can you say 'trickle down effect'?

One of the indicators of a recession is low oil prices (just like the last recession).

Edited to show graph between low oil prices and last recession.
David,

It is all actually much simpler than that and harkens back to what my grandpa always said and did.......... if you can afford it and not put your future at risk and you NEED it then buy it, if you can't or it affects your families future in a negative way.......don't. If only the federal government listened to my Grandfather! He was a salt of the earth Vermont farmer and maple syrup maker and he used to send maple syrup to Stan Musial in the 1950s through a friend of his. RIP gramps. My grandfather never bragged about that but I sure as hell thought it was the cats meow! He died while I was in Afghanistan in 2010 and I still feel guilty about that but I digress.....

Peace, Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 01-15-2016 at 01:29 PM.