View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 04:09 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spahn21 View Post
As some of you may know, though I rarely post comments, I am a Net 54 member and often read its discussions—especially regarding autograph-related topics. And hearing now that Doug Allen is sentenced, I would like to address the conversation of me which has taken place here over the last several days.

Exhibit E (“EE”) lists me as a “shill bidder” on 38 different Mastro-Legendary (“M-L”) lots during the period from December 2007 - February 2009. Despite what it says, the document’s assertion that I was a shill bidder is categorically untrue.

I have NEVER shill bid in a Mastro auction, Legendary auction, or any other auction.

There was, however, a reason why the government included my name in relation to those items. Here is what happened.

On six occasions from 2007-2008 M-L paid me to authenticate autograph material consigned to their auctions. Sometime during or before this period, M-L auctions instituted a written code of conduct (“COC”), see:

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com...de-of-conduct/

According to paragraph 2 of its COC, M-L violated its own rules by accepting bids by me, one of its authenticators, on items they knew to be consigned by M-L or another party as defined in paragraph 2. This violation applied to the 38 lots in question, all of which I had bid on to win (succeeding on six), and all of which I am told were owned by an entity defined in COC, paragraph 2. Until the release of EE, I never knew the identities of the consignors of those items, or that my bid on any of those lots constituted a violation of any M-L rules. And I also did not know until last week that M-L was obligated under its COC to prohibit me from bidding on those lots.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office has confirmed that it has absolutely no evidence that I shill bid on any item, and that these 38 lots were added to EE because M-L violated its own publically released rules (COC, paragraph 2) by their acceptance and inclusion of my bids on items they knew were owned by M-L, a M-L employee or a M-L affiliate – and not because of any wrongdoing by me.

Despite my desire to release this statement before now, I wanted to allow the final proceedings in the criminal case to conclude first. And it is my understanding that those ended today with Doug Allen’s sentencing.

I cannot speak to any situation but my own. But if any of you have questions regarding this matter as it relates to me, please post them here and I will do my best to answer them.

--Kevin Keating
Kevin,
I dont know you but I do know you have been around a long time. So for me it would go a long way if as you say, or was this a copy and paste " The U.S Attorneys office has confirmed that it had absolutely no evidence that I shill bid on any item" How do you know that? Did you call them and had a conversation with someone at the attorneys office saying so? Do you have a letter in writing sent to you that says You did nothing wrong and if so will you show the letter on net54? Is there some other way Im missing that you have been sent this info? email? Text? But if this is just he said she said stuff that you have proven nothing. sorry but doesnt fly with me show the proof than maybe others will believe you... Maybe then you should try and do what I have suggested that way its crystal clear to all..

Al S!@eo ne

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..

Last edited by batsballsbases; 02-08-2016 at 05:38 PM.