View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 08:35 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I think I was "skim reading" which isn't very good for debate. So if the seller can't be found, and someone is stuck with an autograph the TPG now says is bad, after they said it was good, why wouldn't they refund the current owner? They have still admitted a mistake. (if the item can be positively identified as the one with the LOA). But maybe this was discussed too.

I do agree with the risk assessment. Anyone into heavy collecting understands there is some risk (or they eventually will).
Probably best to read all the posts but the auction house is still in business but they are not the ones who should make the buyer whole. The representation that the sig was good came from JSA. When an authenticator decides something they previously assessed as being ok is no longer ok they should buy it back. In the card world that happens when errors are admitted to.

My guess is that REA submitted the item without letting JSA know it was previously authenticated which shows just how little consistency there is in the authentication process with sigs.