View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 05:20 PM
J@ohn B.ar#ne.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by begsu1013 View Post
that's why I was asking about authentication thru reholdering.

a reholder fee on $5K is $35.
a review fee is $500 - $700.

I can not imagine they are paying the guy that's reviewing cards @ $700 a pop, the same as the guy that is reholdering at $35 a pop.

people send in cards all the time to be reholdered because they've been dropped, cracked, etc.

are the guys "reholdering" proficient in spotting an altered card/holder?

ie. scammer cracks a case. inserts doctored card, but doesn't necessarily reseal or does a great reseal job and then sends it in to get reholdered?

or buy a few high dollar real cards and slip a doctored one in the bunch?

not saying this IS happening.

but is it possible to slip one past the goalie occasionally?

I was just trying to get an answer but was told that I wouldn't even be talked to by jackie* even though it says "if you would like to discuss w/ me, my number is..."

* side note: and i believe this to be the same jackie that mods the cu board

This topic needs more input. Does PSA review the card during a re-holdering or not? If PSA is not reviewing the card and just re-holdering, what prevents someone from sending in a PSA 9 cracked case, and inserting a PSA 8 in its' place to be "re-holdered"?

I'm not addressing someone inserting a counterfeit card during the re-holder process, just a lesser grade card.

Seems to me PSA needs to change their policy. The re-holder fee must include a verification of original card fee.