Thread: E-Bay purchase?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 12:41 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
As a seller, I would have acquiesced and just sent you a back scan.

Even if you missed part of the description, there's no reason to piss a customer off over an $11.00 card either.

The seller is escalating the animosity rather then providing service. Maybe they think they are going to lose a sale if they provide you with a back scan, maybe they just don't think it's worth their time, I don't know. I would rather my customer knew what they were getting ahead of time, rather then being surprised when it comes in the mail days later, and perhaps opens a case in response.

On the other hand, if I was the buyer I would just pay and consider it a cheap lesson, and an insight into not doing business with that seller again in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Why did you wait for an invoice before paying for the card? You can pay immediately without waiting for an invoice. If I was the seller, I would be wondering why you haven't sent payment. I normally try to pay within seconds of buying a card. If I make multiple purchases from a seller, I will usually ask for a combined shipping invoice right away.

I don't think the seller is at fault at all. You didn't read the description properly and you bought the card without a back scan. Don't blame the seller.
I waited, as I previously stated, because I didn't recall seeing the "poor" description.

I have also noticed where some sellers ask one to wait before paying so as they can figure out shipping or whatever else?

I have only purchased a couple low end cards so far, and I have paid right away on those but this "poor" comment through me for a loop, and anytime I have written to my previous sellers, I usually get an answer right away.

BUT, like D.Bergin and pokerplyr80 mentioned, I was also confused why they didn't answer my 1st message, let alone my following 4 messages?

If they had of answered the first time I wouldn't have even written this post, as I knew, because I in fact won the card and am therefore obligated to pay for it, all they had to do was explain their ad hadn't been edited/altered to me, and it would have been over and payment would have been sent pronto.

I know this transaction is entirely my fault as I didn't pay enough attention, I got carried away with the bidding war, being a newb, etc, etc, etc, but of course they didn't know any of that and have likely come across this situation multiple times themselves in the past?

I take full responsibility but flags went up when they didn't reply the first time, let alone the 4 after.