Thread: Rays in Cuba
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 12:33 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
These three guys will have little affect on their team roster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
team minus their best 20 or so players...cant say its not a HUGE affect on their team roster
See how I specifically mentioned the three players your brought up and said their effect is little. Then you add 17 players and say I can't say that isn't a "HUGE" affect. I never said that the defecting of players didn't have an effect I actually agreed that they had a small population.

The Ray's best player as ranked by ESPN is Chris Archer and he isn't starting in tomorrow's game and is ranked in 2015 as #43 in MLB. So again we aren't sending over our best. The only two all-stars the TBRays had last year were two pitchers.

We aren't sending our top 20 players so stop talking like we are sending our best players to a team that is deprived of all their Nation's best players. It isn't a fair argument.

In 1999 the Orioles lost in Baltimore 12-6 and won 3-2 in Cuba against the team. Obviously times have changed, but to assume that their small population vs America's talent poll makes it too lop sided to make it fun just doesn't work historically.

They still have a lot of young talent that hasn't been able to defect or are Cuban loyalists and I am looking forward to the game.