Thread: E-Bay purchase?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 05:49 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeabe View Post
Taking the global shipping out of eqasion, I think $11 is a fair winning bid. As far as deceptive selling technique, I would make sure to point out flaws like that because my 100% positive is important to me, but obviously other sellers hope to make a few bucks by misleading buyers. Good luck on the set, some of those cards tend to get expensive
I agree, should have been listed that there was paper loss but I assume they thought if they just listed it as poor, then they would be covered?

Their reviews reflect this questionable shadiness imo, and if I was smarter at the time, I would have seen that and walked away.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
It's hard to say the card wasn't as described if it was listed as poor. However, purposely leaving the paper loss on the back out of the description and not including a scan of the back seems deceptive to me. My feedback rating and comments would reflect this.

I don't think it would be worth it to return the card even if you lived in America. From Canada it would probably be cost prohibitive.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
As back damage goes, that is a pretty nice "poor" condition card. If it were me in this situation with everything you described, I would not be overly upset at myself for missing it. There are poor condition cards and there are POOR condition cards (and backs), and the damage on this one doesn't affect any 'critical' information on the card. Obviously, my opinion but it's not as hard of an $11/$32 lesson as it could have been.
I agree also, could have been much worse than what it is. I like the looks of the front. It is decently centered and not in too bad of condition overall so it will fit in nicely with my collection.

$32.00 dollar lesson learned, and no more cards purchased from this "Mom and Pop" operation for me!

Thanks guys.